Have you had a chance to see my new video yet? Trish Latimer, editor of Craft Stamper, Tracy Scott, Clare Lloyd and myself have each shared a full tutorial on how we make our faces in real time. It is called 'Creating Faces' and is available to buy now as a DVD, Bluray or via the Traplet online streaming/ download site. There is also a free introduction that you watch to see what the video is about.
Last thing to mention before I let you get on to the link up, I've had a chance to update the schedule with lots of amazing prompt suggestions from Facers so mark them in your calendar.
Right, let's get Sharing!
First up the admin...
- Inspired By - March 2016 (pick fellow Facers to inspire our work this month)
- Head Positions - May 2016 (try different head potions through the month. Suggested by June Walker)
- Quick Draw Faces - July 2016 (set a timer to say 10-15 min - or less if you dare! - and draw a face or several faces in that time. Suggested by Gibby Frogett).
- Change Hands - September 2016 (try using your non-dominant hand to draw/ paint / make your face this month. Suggested by Hazel Agnew).
- Show Your Face is a community link up for portrait work in any style or medium.
- the aims are to share, learn, practise, inspire, and be inspired.
- to make sure that the face artwork is yours, if you use any stamps or templates to build the face they should be designed by you.
- the link is open from 10 am (BST) every Friday and stays open for a week, so link away.
- finished pieces, works in progress or retro posts (i.e. older works, not from this week) are all welcome.
- to link back to the link blog post here for that week.
- Spread the word on your blog/social media outlets and use the #ShowYourFaceFriday hashtag in social media.
- There is a prompt every other month. Using the prompts is totally optional and just there if you fancy playing along. You can still post your face work even if you haven't used the prompt.
Looking For The Blog Button?
If you want to wear the blog button with pride then hop on over to Show Your Face 31st July 2015 to grab it and there are instructions on how to put it on your blog there too.
My Share This Week...
If you want to know what you can do with the techniques I show in the new Creating Faces video then how about my Show Your Face share this week?
I've used the same basic technique for her as I demonstrate in the video, the only difference is that I've done this one in my junk journal on a painted page and used acrylic paint to colour her eyes, lips and hair band then blocked out the background to help her to pop from the page. In the video I use the Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolours/gouache paints to colour her eyes and lips and she is drawn on canvas board.
Over To You...
Link your faces artwork and spread the word on your blog and/or social media, hashtag #ShowYourFaceFriday. Please do let anyone you think would be interested in sharing their portraits know about our community here.
Catch you later Face-Artinators
PS. Some other places you might want to link your work to: Painted pages share at Paint Party Friday. Art journal pages, check out the new theme at Art Journal Journey. Those of you on Facebook ask Darcy Wilkinson if you can join her Face To Face page.