Don't forget that January 2016 we will have the Focus on Eyes themes!
First up the admin...
- Focus On Eyes - January 2016 (break out of our normal practice and try different styles of doing eyes such as traditional, cartoon, manga etc. As suggested by Susana Magenheimer)
- Inspired By - March 2016 (pick fellow Facers to inspire our work this month)
- Show Your Face is a community link up for portrait work in any style or medium.
- the aims are to share, learn, practise, inspire, and be inspired.
- to make sure that the face artwork is yours, if you use any stamps or templates to build the face they should be designed by you.
- this link is open until 1st January 2016, so link away over the next two weeks.
- finished pieces, works in progress or retro posts (i.e. older works) are all welcome.
- to link back to the link blog post here on your blog.
- Spread the word on your blog/social media outlets and use the #ShowYourFaceFriday hashtag in social media.
Looking For The Blog Button?
If you want to wear the blog button with pride then hop on over to Show Your Face 31st July 2015 to grab it and there are instructions on how to put it on your blog there too.
My Last Face for 2015...
I went for paint to make my face this week. She is made using a very simple palette of gold, raw umber and white. The base was a junk journal page that had the cleanings from a stencil with molding paste from a previous work.
I love the texture and I altered how I used the paint, so I added it thickly in places or used it in a wash in other areas.
You can see the shine of the gold paint when it catches the light.
Over To You...
Link your faces artwork here for the next two weeks until the 1st January 2016 when we will start the weekly link up again. Please do let anyone you think would be interested in sharing their portraits know about our community here.
Catch you later Face-Artinators
PS. Some other places you might want to link your work to: Art journal pages link up with Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's Art Journal Everyday post. Painted pages share at Paint Party Friday. Art journal page with a collage theme link up to Art Journal Journey. Those of you on Facebook ask Darcy Wilkinson if you can join her Face To Face page.