Right let's share some faces.
First up the admin...
- Focus On Eyes - January 2016 (break out of our normal practice and try different styles of doing eyes such as traditional, cartoon, manga etc. As suggested by Susana Magenheimer)
- Inspired By - March 2016 (pick fellow Facers to inspire our work this month)
- Show Your Face is a community link up for portrait work in any style or medium.
- the aims are to share, learn, practise, inspire, and be inspired.
- to make sure that the face artwork is yours, if you use any stamps or templates to build the face they should be designed by you.
- the link is open from 10 am (BST) every Friday and stays open for a week, so link away.
- finished pieces, works in progress or retro posts (i.e. older works, not from this week) are all welcome.
- to link back to the link blog post here for that week.
- Spread the word on your blog/social media outlets and use the #ShowYourFaceFriday hashtag in social media.
Looking For The Blog Button?
If you want to wear the blog button with pride then hop on over to Show Your Face 31st July 2015 to grab it and there are instructions on how to put it on your blog there too.
My Share This Week...
My share this week is a mish-mash! This week I've worked on a dumping page in my junk journal that is what I call the pages that I clean off stencils or other tools on. So before I had even started there was a bit of texture and the snowflakes on there from previous projects.
When I was flicking through my journal trying to get inspiration for this week's face this page popped out and so did this face. She is drawn with a Sakura Pigma marker and painted with a mix of PaperArtsy paints and Distress Paints as well as some of the Derwent Graphik line markers too.
I think the snowflake hair looks a little like one of those floral swimming hats from the 50/60's. Is that just me?
Over To You...
Link your faces artwork and spread the word on your blog and/or social media, hashtag #ShowYourFaceFriday. Please do let anyone you think would be interested in sharing their portraits know about our community here.
Catch you later Face-Artinators
PS. Some other places you might want to link your work to: Painted pages share at Paint Party Friday. Art journal page with a collage theme link up to Art Journal Journey. Those of you on Facebook ask Darcy Wilkinson if you can join her Face To Face page.