Show Your Face!
First up the admin, nothing new if you read all of last week's Show Your Face blog post.
In The Style Of - November 2015 (examine our favourite established artists, incorporate what they do through our own face practise)
Focus On Eyes - January 2016 (break out of our normal practice and try different styles of doing eyes such as traditional, cartoon, manga etc. As suggested by Susana Magenheimer)
Inspired By - March 2016 (pick fellow Facers to inspire our work this month)
Feel free to let me know if you have any more themes or ideas for Show Your Face.
- Show Your Face is a community link up for portrait work in any style or medium.
- the aims are to share, learn, practise, inspire, and be inspired.
- to make sure that the face artwork is yours, if you use any stamps or templates to build the face they should be designed by you.
- the link is open from 10 am (BST) every Friday and stays open for a week, so link away.
- finished pieces, works in progress or retro posts (i.e. older works, not from this week) are all welcome.
- to link back to the link blog post here for that week.
- Spread the word on your blog/social media outlets and use the #ShowYourFace hashtag in social media.
Looking For The Blog Button?
If you want to wear the blog button with pride then hop on over to Show Your Face 31st July 2015 to grab it and there are instructions on how to put it on your blog there too.
My Share This Week...
Back to scribble faces for me and this week I'm working on a journal page I started way back in June/July this year. I added a bit of gesso to the colour and scribbled away with a black Derwent Graphik Line painter pen.
It is kind of fun working on a textured page as you can't quite predict how the pen is going to move.
Over To You...
Link your faces artwork and spread the word on your blog and/or social media, hashtag #ShowYourFace . Please do let anyone you think would be interested in sharing their portraits know about our community here.
Catch you later Face-Artinators
PS. Some other places you might want to link your work to: Art journal pages link up with Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's Art Journal Everyday post. Painted pages share at Paint Party Friday. Art journal page with a window theme link up to Art Journal Journey. Don't forget Ayala Art's Sept 2015 29 Faces.