Great! But before you do I've put together the schedule for Show Your Face for the next few months. Thanks to everyone who left their comments, votes and ideas on what you wanted to get from Show Your Face.
Schedule: Show Your Face...
In The Style Of - November 2015 (examine our favourite established artists, incorporate what they do through our own face practise)
Focus On Eyes - January 2016 (break out of our normal practice and try different styles of doing eyes such as traditional, cartoon, manga etc. As suggested by Susana Magenheimer)
Inspired By - March 2016 (pick fellow Facers to inspire our work this month)
Remember it is all optional play. The theme will run for a month and you can use the prompt on every link up that month, a couple of link-ups, or none and just link up a non-theme related face, totally up to you.
Why Every Other Month?
To keep it all relaxed and no pressure. The themes are there to nudge us out of our comfort zone, to give us a prompt to examine something we might not usually do, then give us the time to process what we have learnt through our usual art practises.
Ok, New Week, New Show Your Face Share.
- Show Your Face is a community link up for portrait work in any style or medium.
- the aims are to share, learn, practise, inspire, and be inspired.
- to make sure that the face artwork is yours, if you use any stamps or templates to build the face they should be designed by you.
- the link is open from 10 am (BST) every Friday and stays open for a week, so link away.
- finished pieces, works in progress or retro posts (i.e. older works, not from this week) are all welcome.
- to link back to the link blog post here for that week.
- Spread the word on your blog/social media outlets and use the #ShowYourFace hashtag in social media.
Looking For The Blog Button?
If you want to wear the blog button with pride then hop on over to Show Your Face 31st July 2015 to grab it and there are instructions on how to put it on your blog there too.
My Share This Week...
It has been a busy old week again this week and I haven't had time or the mojo for a full face unfortunately so I went for a bit of eye sketching practice instead.
Over To You...
Link your faces artwork and spread the word on your blog and/or social media, hashtag #ShowYourFace and/or #ShowYourFaceInspiredBy. Please do let anyone you think would be interested in sharing their portraits know about our community here.
Feel free to send me more ideas and themes you would like to study for Show Your Face.
Catch you later Face-Artinators
PS. Some other places you might want to link your work to: Art journal pages link up with Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's Art Journal Everyday post. Painted pages share at Paint Party Friday. Art journal page with a window theme link up to Art Journal Journey. Don't forget Ayala Art's Sept 2015 29 Faces.