But now I think I have come to the end of my face and portrait journey for the time being as other artwork is taking over my time and I am finding that I am not drawing faces regularly in my week. So I've decided to finish the Show Your Face link and I'm sorry to say that this will be its last week.
I will still be here, sharing my art and creative life on my blog, on my YouTube channel, Instagram and all the other places you can usually find me, but the Show Your Face link will end this time next Friday.
I just wanted to say a massive THANK YOU to EVERYONE who has joined, watched, hopped the Show Your Face link. Thank you for joining me and sharing with me every week I have been inspired and amazed by all of you and I hope you have enjoyed it too!
But we still have a share this week so let's share!
First up the admin...
- Show Your Face is a community link up for portrait work in any style or medium.
- the aims are to share, learn, practise, inspire, and be inspired.
- to make sure that the face artwork is yours, if you use any stamps or templates to build the face they should be designed by you.
- the link stays open for a week, so link away.
- finished pieces, works in progress or retro posts (i.e. older works, not from this week) are all welcome.
- to link back to the link blog post here for that week.
- Spread the word on your blog/social media outlets and use the #ShowYourFaceFriday hashtag in social media.
- Using the prompts is totally optional and just there if you fancy playing along. You can still post your face work even if you haven't used the prompt.
My Share This Week...
For my last Show Your Face share I thought I would pick some of my favourite pieces from the last year and a bit. Top left is paint and pen, top right - charcoal, bottom left - ballpoint on crackle paint, bottom right my marker pen half face from last week.
Over To You...
Link your faces artwork and spread the word on your blog and/or social media, hashtag #ShowYourFaceFriday. Please do let anyone you think would be interested in sharing their portraits know about our community here.
Once again, thank you Face-Artinators for all your inspiration, comments, prompt ideas and links for the last year and a bit! Don't forget to pop in from time to time to say hi and let me know how you are getting on with your art!
PS. Some other places you might want to link your work to: Painted pages share at Paint Party Friday. Art journal pages, check out the new theme at Art Journal Journey. Those of you on Facebook ask Darcy Wilkinson if you can join her Face To Face page.